You can easily save the answers from respondents fields using Surveybot. This is useful if you want to segment your panels later based on the respondent fields.
The video below shows you how that's done. Prefer reading? Just scroll down.
By default you can save answers to the following respondent fields:
- Relationship status
- Phone number
- Email address
- Mobile number
- Date of birth
- Home address
You can also create your own custom fields to save answers.
Part 1: Creating custom Fields
Note: If you don't want to create new custom fields head down to Part 2.
Before you link your questions to your fields you can add the custom fields you want to use to your panel. Here are the steps to do this.
- Head over to the "Panels" page and select the "Custom fields" button on the panel you want to add fields to.
2. Select "Create new custom field" and enter the details for your custom field.
- Name: The human readable name for the field.
- Key: Used for merging the field in to messages in your chatbots.
- Type: The data type for your field.
Part 2: Linking the questions to the respondent fields
When you build your surveys by adding questions you can link the questions to respondent fields. By doing this when the respondent answers the question it will be saved in to the field that it is linked to.
1. Open the "Design" tab for your survey.
2. Select the question you want to link to a field.
3. Select the "Panel" tab within the question and then choose the field you want to link the question to from the "Profile field" dropdown.
4. If you want to autofill the field if the respondent already has the field in their profile then select "Yes" under "Autofill". When this is set to yes if the respondent already has the field then the question will not be sent in the chat.
5. Press the "Save Question" button to complete this step and you have now finished linking a question to a respondent field. Way to go!